During a Non-organized visit of up to 12 visitors in the town of Tutrakan offers a one-day, two-day and several-day package of flexible combined visits to museums in the city and surrounding landmarks. The package includes a visit to the Danube Fishing and Boatbuilding Museum, a visit to the Historical Museum and the Tutrakan Epic Exhibition. If desired, a visit to the Architectural Reserve “Ribarska Mahala” can be organized, where visitors can explore restored authentic fishing houses. In addition, lunch can be arranged at the fishing houses, which includes kachamak (mamaliga) and fish soup at the ethnographic lodges, or lunch of fresh fish and fish soup at the local restaurants in the fishing neighbourhood (Fisher and Ribarska Sreshta).
What each of the spots includes:
- The Museum of Danube Fishing and Boatbuilding – tour of the exhibition, providing a guide – Ethnographic Museum “Danube Fishing and Boatbuilding” was opened in 1974 and is unique in the countries along the Danube River. It was created to preserve the rich material and spiritual culture, public structure and lifestyle of the Bulgarians from the Danube fishing villages. The exposition is arranged in 7 halls and 2 interiors, in a building – an architectural and cultural value from the beginning of the 20th century. In chronological sequence are presented original fishing gears from antiquity and used in modern time gears and equipment. Original fishing gear is shown. In addition to net gears, hook fishing gear is presented. Photos and graphics explain the way of fishing in the settlements along the Lower Danube. In addition to the fishing gear shown, the public organisation of fishermen, accounting, the internal arrangements of their dwellings, their spiritual culture are gaining insight. A place is also devoted to boat building, which has been developed in this region since the Roman period. In the ancient castle of Transmarska there was a workshop for the repair of vessels. At the end of the 19th century, boats from Tutrakan were exported to Romania, Serbia, Austria, etc.
- A mineral collection from the National Museum “The Land and the People” is exhibited.
- Historical Museum – Collection of archaeology and lapidarium, history, archaeology and fortress Transmariska (with enough time can be organized a walk to the northern and southern fortress wall), life during the revival and in the new time, with an iconic hall and rich enthrographic exposition.
- Exhibition “Tutrakan Epic” – visit to the military collection with information about the First World War and in particular the importance of the events of 1916. Visit of VR exhibit in the information center of the museum. If desired, the guests of the museum can visit the Memorial “Military Tomb 1916”.
- Picture gallery “Zhelyu Tachev” of contemporary brushmasters.
- The organization of food in ethnographic houses is paid extra depending on the number of visitors.
- Lunch in restaurants can be arranged with the assistance of the museum and is paid to service providers (restaurants)
For visits lasting more than 1 day, we offer the following sample services:
Day 1: Accommodation, Visit to museum collections, lunch, tour of the archaeological sites in the city, overnight stay.
Day 2: Organized tour along the Roman road Tutrakan – Malak Preslavets, organizing a picnic on the banks of the Danube, gathering, dinner, overnight stay
Day 3: Tutrakan Epopee Tour – visit to the Military Tomb – 1916, trekking to Fort Antimovo and Fort Pozharevo, lunch at Deep Inn, free time, pickup and overnight.
Day 4: Organized at the request of the visitors within a radius of 60 km – Sights around Ruse, attractions around Sveshtari (Sveshtari royal tomb and reserve “Sboryanovo”, Cultural complex “The Candlehouse” – sveshtolivnitsata.com), the nature reserve “Srebarna”, attractions around Silistra.
If the visitors wish, we can organize a visit to the museum in the town of Calarasi, an interactive VR related to the civilization “Gumelnitsa” and other landmarks in the city.
- Price per night: 15 BGN per person
- Combined price for museums: 12 BGN per visitor.
- The other services are determined by negotiation according to the wishes of the visitors.
For the little visitors we offer games with historical themes such as: Queen’s game, educational books and walks.